Wednesday, January 12, 2011

It's official - I'm a thrifter.

As I am sitting in my den this am - alone, thanks to the children still sleeping- I realize something. Every. single. thing. from my den is from a thift store. Ok, maybe not a thrift store, but awfully close. Something I love so much, is stealing from people. I love to find something someone doesn't want and "fix it." So, I will spend pennies on something worth so much more. I absolutely love a good deal. Get this right.. not a sale.. a STEAL. It's like I almost want to look over my shoulder after the purchase and say "suckaaaa." Ok, kidding. But, I wanted to show you bloggers the deals I have found along the way, in the one year + I have lived in this house.


These chair are from Craigslist, I believe I paid $50/ea. for them. I planned to have them recovered, which I will eventually.
The ottoman, was $3 from a thift store. (Don't worry I steamed it well.)
The silk drapes are from At Home, which I bought from a friend that was moving. They sell for $380/pr but I paid $50/pr.
The buffet style table was $35, yardsale.
If only I could find a replacement window system...

This was someone's fireplace screen they had bought from At Home, that broke, so I took home and broke apart, and made 3 handy "memo/card" holders.

This lamp cost $2, thrift. I painted it and added a shade.

These are 5 silk panels that I actually got from a friend, which she bought at a yardsale or something, but couldn't use them. They were took cheap to not buy!

I have a large area between my couch and chair, so this large table works great here. I paid $50, I think it goes for $500 from Ballard Designs.

My favorite deal of all time, is my coffee table. I paid $40 from a thrift store. It opens up for storage and is awesome. The cream/iron bowl on top from an estate sale somewhere. The child was free. Well, kind of.

This light hangs over my breakfast table. When we moved here there was an 1880 pendant. I removed the previous shade/plastic thing, spray painted the chain from bronze to brown, and replaced the shade from 3 Sheets. $25 total project. They sell these exact ones there for around $300.

Isn't it fun... practice with me... "SUCKKKAAAA!!"


1 comments:

justlivin said...

Hey Jamie! This is Ashley. I Just have a different blog name. I only have a few posts on my blog, but hopefully I will blog more!! I am inspired by all the thrift purchases. I will be searching soon because we bought a house!!! We close on Feb. 15! Hope to talk to you soon!! Love and miss you!